Brown-butter hazelnut blondies
“Sweet and salty flavor with a caramel taste that is not too overpowering but just right. The blondies have a crumbly but soft texture.” — Cara
This recipe was adapted from CountryLiving.
- ¾ cup of unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoons of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 ½ cups of dark brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups of hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line the bottom and sides of a 9-by-9-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, leaving a 2-inch overhang on two sides; butter the foil.
- Whisk together flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl.
- Cook butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring often, until fragrant and deep golden brown, six to eight minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and let cool for 10 minutes. Whisk in sugar and vanilla. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, until blended after each addition. Whisk in flour mixture. Fold in toasted hazelnuts. Transfer to the prepared pan.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs clinging, 24 to 26 minutes. Cool completely in a pan on a wire rack. Use foil to lift blondies from the pan. Remove foil and cut blondies into 16 squares.
Donate to Portola Pilot