“Mild, fall flavor with hints of cinnamon that is very pleasing in the mouth. The pumpkin doesn’t overpower any of the spices, but rather they work together in harmony.” — Dheeksha
This recipe was adapted from Delish.
- Cooking spray, for pan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- Cinnamon-sugar for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 8-by-4-inch loaf pan with parchment paper and grease with cooking spray (or softened butter).
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, ginger, nutmeg and salt.
- In a separate large bowl using a hand mixer, beat melted butter, sugar, pumpkin puree, sour cream, eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until just combined. Transfer batter to prepared pan. Then, sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar, if using.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean, about 50 minutes to 1 hour.
Donate to Portola Pilot